How to Recite a Poem Like an Expert
Follow these instructions:
1. Get a PRINTED copy of the poem.
2. Look for the voice of the poem, and speak in that voice. Get INSPIRED by readings on youtube. There are very good ones. LISTEN to them carefully as you fix your eyes on your poem.
3. Look at the poem and READ it out LOUD. Proceed at a natural pace. It’s Okay to YELL when you recite a poem!
4. You'll need to memorize some parts to FEEL CONFIDENT: Turn it over so you can’t see it. Recite as much of it as you can remember, from the beginning.
5. Project to the audience. Capture the attention of everyone.
Other Ways to Recite a Poem